WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Building time

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Building time Empty Building time 10/31/2012, 2:08 pm

bigdaddy

Hey Tom, whats on the table I was wondering if you would like a big project to keep you busy? Wondering if you would like the challenge of my Dively 96" Stearman

2Building time Empty Nothing Special Yet 10/31/2012, 4:09 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Jeff:

I haven't got anthing special planned yet, working on my big autogyro.

Holy shit- a 96" Stearman, now that would have to have a Moki, maybe the 150cc guy.

You trying to kill the Old Guy off ?

Tom

3Building time Empty building project 10/31/2012, 5:09 pm

bigdaddy

Yea, I didn't know what I was getting into when I purchased the kit I have never looked at plans that confused me totaly. I have been trying to sell it but no takers I have a DLE 100 that I purchsed for the plane thought you might be bored and needed something to do Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce I'll make you a deal if you would want this kit I know you could build it.

4Building time Empty Re: Building time 10/31/2012, 8:01 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Yea Tom build it!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

5Building time Empty Thinking (Smell the smoke) 11/1/2012, 5:42 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

I think I know this kit, a fella in my Bend, OR club was working (and working and working and .......)on a big Stearman he was bulding as a PT-17. He didn't want to mess with dual wing ailerons with a three piece top wing and the PT has low wing only. Does this build out to around 21-lbs, if so it must be the same kit.

I would love to build it but I would never fly it, my skills are a lot less than they were (and I was never any good) so I am thinking and dreaming.

Tom

6Building time Empty building the stearman 11/1/2012, 6:49 am

bigdaddy

Tom , the box with the kit in it is 40 lbs I think I will keep trying to sell it.

7Building time Empty Wow ! 11/1/2012, 8:49 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Wow ! Forty pounds in the box, that means the airframe would probably be 27-30 lbs, kits usually net out at about 70-75% unless there is some unusual packaging. Then with elecronics add back 7-lbs and 5-lbs for a fabric cover job, 40 plus pounds. Then the engine wow !

Good solution- "FOR SALE" !

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum