WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Latest Eindecker E-III

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty My Latest Eindecker E-III 3/29/2011, 4:44 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

I finished up my new Eindecker except for finshing touches, machine gun, flying wires,cowl, etc.

I had built it with my YS-91FZ but it turned out too tail heavy for the YS. It was going to take somewhere around 13-16 OZ's of lead to get the CG. I don't like to haul dead weight so I pulled the 91 and installed one on my 160 twins. CG will come in very close with it. To assist with the CG I used 2000/mah 5-cell niMh RX batteries. I always use dual batteries on my larger planes and the onboard glow driver battery is 3000/mah. All mounted just behind the firewall.

These Eindeckers have very long tail moments which is really unusual for a WW-I bird. I ordered the fiberglass cowl from FiberGlass Specialties which will also help the CG.

Even with the SolarTex fabric covering and the paint I still came up with AUW of 11.9 pounds. I will run the 160 with a 16 X 6 prop, once airborne half throttle will be the order of the day.

Anyway a couple of pics before I re-kit it.

Tom

My Latest Eindecker E-III P3010015

My Latest Eindecker E-III P3010016

My Latest Eindecker E-III P3010018

2My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty Re: My Latest Eindecker E-III 3/29/2011, 7:10 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Pretty sharp.

3My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty Re: My Latest Eindecker E-III 3/29/2011, 11:14 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Really nice Tom!!! Love those 4 stroke twins Very Happy

4My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty COOL!!!! 3/30/2011, 5:09 pm

sblock

sblock

Was it a kit or scratch built?
Steve

5My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty Balsa USA 3/30/2011, 6:28 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

sblock wrote:Was it a kit or scratch built?
Steve

Hi Steve:

It is a Balsa USA kit. I do everything I can to support Balsa USA, I buy their kits and ALL of my balsa, ply, lite-ply and spruce from them. I do a lot of scratch building for old friends and even with shipping, I still stay pretty busy. I have a set of plans from Ivan Pettigrew up in Canada for a really unique plane. It is a "KZ-4" from the early years of WW-II. It was designed as a Air Ambulance to look at it you would swear it is from the DeHaviland design group. I am going to cut this one for myself.

Balsa USA is one of the few kit makers still around and their kits are affordable. I love Proctor kits but way too high.

Tom

My Latest Eindecker E-III Airfra10

6My Latest Eindecker E-III Empty Re: My Latest Eindecker E-III 3/31/2011, 4:45 pm

rprager

rprager

Nice. Looks pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum