WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ? Empty TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ? 5/6/2010, 6:35 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Troy:

Can't we get the reference time for this system corrected ?

When I look at this screen at the top I find that my last visit was "Friday May 07, 2010 at 2:25 AM- TOMORROW". Which means I am actually somewhere on the other side of the International Date Line, I did cross that when I was in the Navy but I came back.

I did a post earlier today at 1222 hrs, the system thinks I posted it yesteday 1122 hrs. The base time line the system is using is MST which is fine but it is 24 hrs out of sync, BEHIND.

I am getting very old and I have a hard time knowing if I am coming or going !

Does anyone know why I think in the 24 hour clock, who ever came up with this AM-PM bulls__t anyway.

Don't ask me about the numeric day, month year expression, smallest unit "day" next larger unit, "month" and finally "year". Yet in our infinite wisdom we experss it as "05/06/2010". Much of the world express "6th May 2010" as "06/05/2010".

L-O-G-I-C, a word with no meaning in our society obviously.

My soapbox is now at rest, should anyone need it.

Tom

2TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ? Empty Fixed? 5/6/2010, 6:57 pm

Troy

Troy
Admin

I think I fixed it, you had your time zone set to tomorrow.

https://whitewaterrc.forumotion.com

3TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ? Empty My Time Zone ? 5/6/2010, 9:00 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Troy wrote:I think I fixed it, you had your time zone set to tomorrow.

How did I set my time zone to tomorrow ? I didn't set any time zone. Also if you look at the other postings from the other guys they will reflect the same situation.

Tom

Troy

Troy
Admin

teeceeveecee wrote:
Troy wrote:I think I fixed it, you had your time zone set to tomorrow.

How did I set my time zone to tomorrow ? I didn't set any time zone. Also if you look at the other postings from the other guys they will reflect the same situation.

Tom
Mine was the same way, go into profile, preferences, scroll down to time zone, then change it to GMT-5 hours.
That is what I did to yours Tom.
I think the default is where it was; GMT+whatever the time difference was if you didn't change it upon registration.

Troy

Troy
Admin

This is what mine says at the top of this page.
"Logged as Troy. Your last visit was on Thu 6 May 2010 - 18:10"

6TIME - Am I Ahead Or Behind ? Empty Thanks Troy 5/7/2010, 6:55 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Thanks Troy, I didn't recall having selected a time zone in my profile left to default value, I assumed everything would reference against System Time (Administrator).

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum