WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twinstar Maiden

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Twinstar Maiden Empty Twinstar Maiden 4/21/2010, 6:04 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

I was at the field Tuesday morning (early Dave), the weather was calm and sky gray but not too bad.

I set up my Twinstar and fired off those little .30 4-strokes, sweet song ! Made several taxi runs to trim the elevator to hold her on the ground for the take off run.

Started the run and held her down for plenty of speed then just eased back and away she went. Very straight and nice gentle climb. Made three flights, all very nice tried half flaps at altitude with 8% down elevator mixed and balloon was minimal. I think I will increase the half position to 10% and full to 15%.

Landings are pretty hot so I will want to use the flaps. All in all a very good maiden day.

Tom

Twinstar Maiden P4010011

2Twinstar Maiden Empty Re: Twinstar Maiden 4/21/2010, 7:33 am

dcs155

dcs155

Hey Tom, glad to hear the plane fly's good Very Happy Can't wait to see it!!
What I do on my planes that would use flaps is, I program my flap channel so when i move my flap selector switch, each 10 deg takes 6 seconds. ( think of the electric flaps on a cessna) wich seams to make the flap induced balooning much easier to control. Seems to work for me Very Happy

3Twinstar Maiden Empty Good Point Dave 4/21/2010, 8:09 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Hey Tom, glad to hear the plane fly's good Very Happy Can't wait to see it!!
What I do on my planes that would use flaps is, I program my flap channel so when i move my flap selector switch, each 10 deg takes 6 seconds. ( think of the electric flaps on a cessna) wich seams to make the flap induced balooning much easier to control. Seems to work for me Very Happy

Hi dave:

Good point, my JR has delay on deployment, from 1 second up to 8. I did not have any delay selected. I will play with that.

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum