WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eindecker Maiden

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eindecker Maiden Empty Eindecker Maiden 6/13/2011, 12:22 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

Well the weather was great this morning so I took the Eindecker out for her maiden. Probably the best maiden for me ever. You always read about these guys writing for the magazines "take off was straight and only a little right rudder required and two clicks of elevator required and trim was perfect", YEAH ! Well I had that kind of maiden, but I did require three clicks right aileron and about four clicks of up elevator but that was it. Notice my weight box I built above the engine in anticipation of extra lead to achieve the CG, the box is empty. The ASP 160 was a perfect match.

Few pics attached, I have not added my flying wires and cowl pending the maiden.

Balsa USA Kit, 80" wing. I didn't want to horse around with a one piece 80 inch wing so I modified the kit to add a TNT 36.0" X 1.0" tube and the wings for the tube. Weight came out at 11.8 lbs. Prop is a Master Airscrew "Classic" 16 X 6.

Covering is (what else) fabric, with Topflite paint with clear "satin" overspray. I built my spray booth 5 years ago and sure makes painting easy, no more hanging sheets.

The ASP 160 Twin ran flawlessly, the onboard ignitor "ON" and "OFF" via throttle worked out perfect. No loss of cylinder at slow flight, glow comes back on at about 2500RPM.

I will bring it out Saturday.

Tom

Eindecker Maiden P6010010

Eindecker Maiden P6010011

Eindecker Maiden P6010012

Last edited by teeceeveecee on 6/14/2011, 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

2Eindecker Maiden Empty Re: Eindecker Maiden 6/13/2011, 10:11 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Looks great Tom! As does all your stuff Very Happy Bet it sure sounds sweeeet! I had an os 1.60 gemeni twin years ago in a Bob Holman 1/4 scale pitts s1. looked awesome, sounded amazing and flew like absolute crap Shocked Shocked
Whats that little flower box lookin thang' on the fire wall???

3Eindecker Maiden Empty CG Assist 6/14/2011, 5:28 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Looks great Tom! As does all your stuff Very Happy Bet it sure sounds sweeeet! I had an os 1.60 gemeni twin years ago in a Bob Holman 1/4 scale pitts s1. looked awesome, sounded amazing and flew like absolute crap Shocked Shocked
Whats that little flower box lookin thang' on the fire wall???

Hi Dave, thanks for the compliments.

I figured I would need lead to assist with the CG so I built the box for it, but it came out dead on with no extra weight. I will be able to remove it before I add the cowl for a zero net change. When adding weight I hate to just screw it to the firewall or whatever so I usually build a box on my larger airframes.

It is a strange thing about airframes, like your Holman and my Cessna 182, you either love them or hate them. My Cessna actually flew good but I just didn't like it, go figure.

I have had two of the OS 160 twins and one Magnum, and I have to tell you this ASP runs smoother and idles better than any of the others. This my first ASP engine and find it excellent. I would love for you to fly the Eindecker, open offer; it is really VERY scale like which is what I strive for.

Tom

Last edited by teeceeveecee on 6/15/2011, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total

4Eindecker Maiden Empty Re: Eindecker Maiden 6/14/2011, 10:17 pm

dcs155

dcs155

I'll take ya up on that offer alright Tom Very Happy Very Happy Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum