WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

Just covered the fuselage and tailfeathers with Solartex- Antique. The paint will be latex house paint with water base polyurethane satin overspray. None of this works with glow but great on a gasser. Probably try to get some Curtiss logo garphics from Callie.

Tom

Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Pb110010
Initial shrink at about 90C.

Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Pb110011
Tailfeathers will be sort of a burnt orange.

Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Pb110012
Fuselage will be dark blue.

dcs155

dcs155

Looks great Tom!!! Wish I was buildin today but i'm cleaning the shop instead, It really needs it Very Happy Very Happy. Slot car track is actually harder to clean than rest of the shop!

3Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty Man Don't Get Me Started ! 11/12/2011, 12:54 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave:

Thanks for the comment.

Man don't get me started on shop cleaning. I do it about every 5 years whether it needs it or not. When my girls were little, every spring they would throw everything in their backyard playhouse outside and clean it up inside for another year. Thats the only way I can clean my shop- everything out- vacuum out the balsa dust and start over. What a job!

Tom

rwcd

rwcd

Super job Tom!

5Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty Fun - Fun - Fun 11/13/2011, 5:28 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Thanks Roger, winters are a fun time for me. Beside the fact that I love cold weather, getting in my shop and making the dust fly is really a great time for me.

Tom

Roger Beltmann

Excellent covering job Tom. Do you give lessons?

7Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty You Don't Need Them 11/14/2011, 1:07 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Roger:

I have seen your covering work, you don't need anyone to show you how !

Are you working on anything now that building season is on us ?

Tom

Roger Beltmann

Hi Tom. Most of my covering jobs are silk and dope. One of these days I'll give plastic and heat a try. I'm currently scratch building a new SE5A to replace the one I re-kitted this fall. It will be green silk with white trim. There are no plans for this 50's design so I'm using whats left of the old one for templates. Thanks for the reply.

9Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty How About A Build 11/15/2011, 5:26 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Roger:

How about a Build thread on you SE5A. Would love to follow your project and I am sure some of our guys have never seen old school covering. I use to love to do silk and dope, did a lot of Silkspan as well. The silk would shrink so tight it would easily put a twist in a wing. Will your SE5A have the scale airfoil (under camber) or symetric for your stunt work ?

Tom

Roger Beltmann

Hi Tom. This airplane will be a 3D U control with throttle. Airfoil is full symetrical. I don't have a digital camera so I can't post pictures. I can bring it to the next meeting though. Would like to see your new Robinhood 80 too. When is our next meeting? Roger B.

dcs155

dcs155

Next meetings are the second tuesday of dec and second tuesday of jan Very Happy Library only lets me schedule the room two mo ahead. Yep, bring your plane Roger and Tom bring Gyrocopter Very Happy

12Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty AG At The Next Meeting 11/15/2011, 8:56 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

I will bring the Auto-Gyro to the next meeting, would have been at the last one but it was raining like heck here in Milton. Roger, pleaae bring your SE5A, would love to see it, maybe I will have the Robinhood fuselage ready to meet the public. Understand about the digital camera, talk to Santa Claus !

Tom

13Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty looking great!!!!!! 11/17/2011, 6:24 pm

Looks real nice Very Happy cheers

dcs155

dcs155

Lookin good as usual Tom Very Happy Any color on her yet??

15Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty Colors 11/20/2011, 11:00 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave:

Haven't started painting yet. Just finished the wing shaping and sanding and modifications to the design. Will be posting Progress Report later.

The colors will be a deep blue on the fuselage and burnt orange on wings and tailfeathers. I saw a Curtiss Robin in these colors with US MAIL markings when I was a kid (when dinosaurs still roamed) and I never forgot it.

I ordered my graphics from Callie and they look dynamite. Got the "Curtiss Robin" logo in white and also in black for the fin. Not sure which color will look best on the burnt orange so I got both, probably black. The "US MAIL" logo will be white on the deep blue fuselage side. Wing airframe ID "N50H" will be on the upper and lower wing in black on the burnt orange.

Tom

dcs155

dcs155

Great color combo!!! Where is callie located?? I have been hearing that name alot lately in the scale heli forums

17Robinhood-80 Progress Report 11/12/2011 Empty Callie Graphics 11/20/2011, 1:48 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave:

They are physically in New Mexico, callie-graphics.com is web address.

They are , for my money the best ! Been doing business with them for years, great prices and a huge library of stock graphics, custom just send a pic of what you want and bang it is done.

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum