WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

4th of July Fun

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

14th of July Fun Empty 4th of July Fun 7/6/2015, 10:59 pm

rprager

rprager

Howdy all. I hope everyone had a fun safe 4th of July. I had a busy one, but it was well worth it.

I just want to let ya all know how the Whitewater 4th of July Parade and festival went. Well, let me start with saying that I think that the Whitewater R/C Flying Club made its mark and was well noticed this weekend. This was accomplished by the AWESOME group of members that this club is made up of. All I can say is that I am sure glad that I'm part of it.

Well, we put a float in the parade  to represent the flying club and the hobby we all love to do. I want to thank everyone that helped build it. It was a lot of fun. What really makes it all worth it was seeing the reactions and hearing the comments as we went through the parade route. Thanks a lot to Steve for riding on the float and making it come alive as I pulled it with my old tractor. I'm glad someone else also got to experience what I did last year. It's just awesome to hear people yell out "Well Done", "Very Creative",  the kids saying "Airplanes", and lots of people clapping as we drove by. AWESOME

When I filled out the registration papers for the float to be in the parade, I signed it up to be judged against the other floats. Well need less to say it took FIRST PLACE in the category that it was in, and it was judged The BEST FLOAT IN THE PARADE. WOW That was really Awesome. cheers cheers cheers

We also set up a display at the festival for people to see some of the airplanes up close, and WOW'D  the crowd by flying some float planes off the lake. Thanks a lot to Dave, Scott, and Frank for helping out with this. The people running the festival thanked the club a bunch for being part of it and said "We'll see you next year". It was a lot of fun. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow

24th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 6:42 am

dcs155

dcs155

Great job Rob!!!! You even out did yourself this year!!!!! Glad i was able to help and had a blast getting to fly a float plane at the festival. Cant wait till next year

34th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 9:11 am

rprager

rprager

Thanks Dave. Been trying to post pictures, but for some reason it won't upload them. Gonna keep trying

44th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 12:04 pm

rprager

rprager

4th of July Fun 20150713

4th of July Fun 20150715 4th of July Fun 20150716 4th of July Fun 20150717 4th of July Fun 20150718

54th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 2:01 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Another super job Rob. Thank you. We should get this to the AMA.

64th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 5:19 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Were u hiding inside the float Rog?!

74th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 6:23 pm

sblock

sblock

It's amazing to see all the elderly spectators get really excited when we went by. And when we went by the judging stand They all clapped and gave us a thumbs up. Quite the experience seeing the parade from the inside.

Thanks Rob for the experience. Also thanks to your wife and daughters handing out pop sickles and candy. and helping us out. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

84th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 6:24 pm

rwcd

rwcd

I would have flattened the tires

94th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/7/2015, 6:56 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Thanks for ridin on the float Steve!! Your arms get tired spinnin the 4 planes?

104th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/17/2015, 10:02 pm

rprager

rprager

rwcd wrote:Another super job Rob. Thank you. We should get this to the AMA.

Here ya go Roger. I sent an email to the AMA with a couple of pictures from the 4th of July to see if they would want to put them in the magazine. Well, I think that we're going to have to eye out the next few months for our club to be mentioned in the magazine. Here's the reply i received  Smile  Smile Smile  

"Hi Robert,

You’ve got the right person for submitting to Viewfinder! I love the photo of the parade float, and it would be perfect for that section, as is your information about the photos.

I have several submissions in front of you, so it may be a few issues before I can use it, but I’ll definitely put it in the queue. If I need any additional information, I’ll certainly let you know.

Thanks for thinking of us, and we appreciate you being interested in the magazine and as a member!"

114th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/18/2015, 6:26 am

dcs155

dcs155

More good work Rob! Thanks again

124th of July Fun Empty Re: 4th of July Fun 7/18/2015, 11:40 am

rwcd

rwcd

Good going Rob. You are the best. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum