WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Just Finished

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Just Finished Empty Project Just Finished 4/1/2015, 2:01 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys-

Just finished my SIG 4-Star EP20. Nice little airplane but it makes the wrong kind of noise. Don't know why I can't get into electrics. I bought the kit with the idea of really giving electrics a go, but alas I lost interest. It should go like stink, I have a Turnigy 3530-1100KV , Turnigy 35A ESC and a 3S-2200 Mah LiPo, Spektrun, HiTec electronics. Well there is always the January Swap Meet if I don't re-kit it first..

Just thought I would show you what the Old Fart has been up to. Now building a SIG LT 25 with the RIGHT kind of noise maker, Saito FA40. Love this airframe, my last one had a OS FS30 and it really did the low and slow that I love, but I had to do the dive thing for a big slow loop, the 40 will solve that issue.

Anyway, best to all, probably wii be at the meeting on the 14th.

Tom

PIC 1
Project Just Finished P1010010

PIC 2
Project Just Finished P1010013

PIC 3
Project Just Finished P1010015

PIC 4
Project Just Finished P1010016

2Project Just Finished Empty Re: Project Just Finished 4/1/2015, 3:33 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Looks great!. We will be rnaming you to Spark. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

3Project Just Finished Empty Re: Project Just Finished 4/1/2015, 8:38 pm

rprager

rprager

Looks Awesome Tom. Cool Cool

4Project Just Finished Empty Thanks guys ! 4/2/2015, 5:49 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Thanks guys, it is a sweet little airplane. I loved the build, SIG Kits are truly a joy.

I have built many of the more expensive kits, IKON'Nwest, Proctor and so on but SIG has always just turned out excellent quality and of course the laser cutting just makes them that much better.

It is a shame so many are missing the pleasure and knowledge building of kit or scratch building.pale pale pale

Tom

5Project Just Finished Empty Re: Project Just Finished 4/2/2015, 2:51 pm

rwcd

rwcd

The smell of dope. Balsa dust all over. My mother put up with a lot.

6Project Just Finished Empty Aahhh Yes 4/2/2015, 3:22 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

rwcd wrote:The smell of dope. Balsa dust all over. My mother put up with a lot.

Aahhh yes , and she loved it Roger. She knew what her boy was doing and knew he was happy.

I can never forget the time I put a Super Cyclone .60 with some kind of big ass prop, mounted to a piece of 2 X 4 and tied it to the handle bars of my bike. Rode up and down the old dirt road in front of our house with that SC screaming and blowing castor oil all over me and my clothes. Mom use to boil our clothes over a wood fire in a big old tub out behind the house. She scrubbed them on a wash board and never once was I told not to do that again, my Dad; now was another story. I had to do a lot of field work to get the money to do that stuff. I know I planted a lot acres of onion sets on my knees and picked strawberries from morning till night but it was all worth it to a 10 or 11 year old boy for his dreams.

Tom

7Project Just Finished Empty Re: Project Just Finished 4/2/2015, 4:32 pm

rprager

rprager

I like gluing my fingers together or to the pieces being glued together. Smile Smile Smile

8Project Just Finished Empty Done That Too !! 4/3/2015, 6:27 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

rprager wrote:I like gluing my fingers together or to the pieces being glued together. Smile Smile Smile

Man have I done that many times. The old Duco I used in the 40's was slow drying, 10 or 15 minutes but it had a affinity for fingers and seemed to dry instantly. With the CA's I build with "Thick" about 90 % of the time and just tack with  "Thin" but I still get parts stuck to my fingers on every build. Acetone for cleaning it off,  Mad  Mad  Mad  hell all that does is make it gummy so I still chew it off like the old days.

Wouldn't  trade a minute of it though Rob. Razz  Razz  Razz

Tom

9Project Just Finished Empty Re: Project Just Finished 4/3/2015, 8:06 am

sblock

sblock

Nice job

I think FLASH would be a good new name. Hey Tom!!!!!!!

10Project Just Finished Empty Just Don't Add "er" 4/3/2015, 10:15 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

sblock wrote:Nice job

I think FLASH would be a good new name. Hey Tom!!!!!!!

Sounds cool just don't add "er" to it.

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum