WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who went flying today?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who went flying today? Empty Who went flying today? 3/18/2012, 9:55 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Anyone. Very Happy

2Who went flying today? Empty Was Thinking About It 3/19/2012, 8:09 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Roger, I was thinking about it but wasn't sure the field would be dry enough yet so I worked on my Flyin King instead.

Tom

3Who went flying today? Empty Sunday Flying 3/19/2012, 8:46 am

Roger Beltmann

Hi Rog and Tom. The flying field is in good shape. Where did all that water go? It was really too windy for RC flying. Jeff and Steve put up flights but the wind was very gusty. I put in four U-control flights and crashed Ken Lilleys new airplane. Still had alot of fun. We had a repeat last year March 17th Thurs. Highs in upper 60's. Winds SSE at 23mph! No RC flying but UC flying was a blast.

4Who went flying today? Empty Re: Who went flying today? 3/19/2012, 10:05 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Why aren't control liners affected by the wind?

5Who went flying today? Empty Wind and UC 3/20/2012, 6:19 am

Roger Beltmann

Hi Rog. Most aerobatics are performed on the downwind side of the circle. More wind increasea line tension, lift and speed of the airplane. I usually stay away from the upwind side of the circle on very windy days. Once the engine stops you cross your fingers and hope you can bring it down. High speed flying wings over 100mph are unaffected by the wind except for landings. We will be hosting a fun fly on July 8th with the circlemasters flying club at our field. The clubs trainer will be available for anyone wanting to fly U-control.

6Who went flying today? Empty Re: Who went flying today? 3/20/2012, 5:32 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Thanks for the info. I'll try and make the fun fly.

7Who went flying today? Empty Re: Who went flying today? 3/20/2012, 11:39 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Cant waitt, fun fly sounds like fun!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum