WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lawn Mower

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lawn Mower Empty Lawn Mower 4/18/2010, 9:20 am

sblock

sblock

Hey guys,

We need to put the mower as a top priority. I am planning on being there today. It runs but will not move. Does anybody know how old this unit is and where any model numbers are located. I found some manuals on line but I need to get some numbers. As far as I can tell It's called a TURFCAT. But thats as much info I can get. To replace this unit is not a Cheap Date.

Lets talk about it at the field.

Steve

2Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 4/18/2010, 10:39 am

Troy

Troy
Admin

Lets push it out into the light and see whats going on with it, I can bring tools and a trailer if we need to get it someplace.

https://whitewaterrc.forumotion.com

3Lawn Mower Empty Lawn Mower Ready ? 4/21/2010, 11:35 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve:

Just wanted to check with you before I cut the grass. Is she all set to go ?
From conversation Sunday I wasn't sure if you wanted to do some additional maintenance before we start the cutting season.

If she is set I will try to get the grass cut before the weekend, even though the weather doesn't look too good I can mow anyway.

Thanks,

Tom

4Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 4/24/2010, 2:12 pm

sblock

sblock

I have the mower at home. I picked it up wed. night. I had trouble finding points,condenser,rotor&cap. I finally found a place that knew what I was talking about. The parts should be here on wed the 27th.
I also took the gear box out of the deck. Bearings look good the driver gear has some play on the keyway that is where I felt the gear slop. not much we can do about that. I will just replace the seals and call it a day. I will try to have it put together by next saturday.

Steve

5Lawn Mower Empty Loose Keyway 4/24/2010, 2:31 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

sblock wrote:I have the mower at home. I picked it up wed. night. I had trouble finding points,condenser,rotor&cap. I finally found a place that knew what I was talking about. The parts should be here on wed the 27th.
I also took the gear box out of the deck. Bearings look good the driver gear has some play on the keyway that is where I felt the gear slop. not much we can do about that. I will just replace the seals and call it a day. I will try to have it put together by next saturday.

Steve

Hi Steve:

Great, there is no rush the grass is not jumping out of the ground yet anyway, I was just going to mow to get back in the routine.

Say on that loose keyway. I have in the past had pretty fair results using stainless steel shim stock when I was dealing with and old out of date piece of equipment. Just a thought. Don't know where we would be without your efforts.

Tom

6Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 4/25/2010, 8:54 am

sblock

sblock

Tom
To get at the problem. you have to completly disassemble the gear box.
It has tapered bearings and a real thin freeze plug that has to come out. If you want to take a look at it and see what you can do let me know 262-203-0275 my cell and we can talk.

Steve

7Lawn Mower Empty Lawn Mower 4/25/2010, 8:49 pm

Hey Steve, where did you end up finding a source for parts?

8Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 5/5/2010, 6:37 pm

sblock

sblock

I got the seals from Bearings Inc. Elkhorn and the tuneup parts from Parts place Elkhorn.
Steve

9Lawn Mower Empty Whooowaaaa ! 5/6/2010, 12:22 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hey Guys we all owe Steve a big shout out- Whooooowaaaa !

I just got back from the field (Thusday- 1215 hrs) and cutting the grass. The mower runs like a completely different machine- much better! Hydraulics work great, throttle stays put- no more bungee cord, the engine is great, and the blades cut like new.

Great job Steve.

Mark I got 5 gallons of gas, poured about 3.5 gallons in the mower and the balance in our gas can. I have the receipt, I'll give it to you next time I see you. You know we should get a clip board and hang it in our shed or the frequency box (easier to open and look) for gas receipts and you could just pick them up when you are at the field. Then you could stick a check in a envelope and stick it back on the clip board.

Tom

Last edited by teeceeveecee on 5/6/2010, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 5/6/2010, 6:14 pm

sblock

sblock

Thanks for the reply.
Hopefully will be good for a while.

11Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 3/7/2011, 9:15 pm

Troy

Troy
Admin

Talked to the mechanic at work today Steve.
He doesn't think it is an issue with the governor, he thinks it is a carb problem.
I have the exact same engine in my work truck for the generator, it was having some bogging/surging issues that he thought was the governor at 1st, turned out the carb was all full of general crustiness.
My generator has an electronic governor, that is the only difference.
They replaced the carb, works flawlessly now.
Steve (mechanic) thinks that if we pull the carb off and remove the float bowl and clean everything up it may help.

BTW, I asked him about taking a look at it himself, he politely declined and said he would rather not. At least he was honest, right?

https://whitewaterrc.forumotion.com

12Lawn Mower Empty Re: Lawn Mower 3/9/2011, 4:17 pm

sblock

sblock

Well when the time comes we'll take a look at the carb.
Thanks for talking to him about it
Maybe we can get a rebuild kit for it.
Steve

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum