WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD ****

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys:

I am putting my Super Skybolt up for sale on RCU/RCG so I thought I would put it up here.

If anyone is interested I will take $150.00 for the airframe. Could sell as BNF or Receiver Ready but probably no interest there, too many $$$$$.

Give me a call or e-mail.

Tom
608 868 2411
tomgin1@msn.com

Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** P1010039
Perfect condition.

Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** P1020010

Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** P1010041
OS 91-Pumped.

Last edited by teeceeveecee on 4/16/2012, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

dcs155

dcs155

Nice lookin bird Tom Very Happy Very Happy

3Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** Empty Rocket Ship ! 4/14/2012, 8:09 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Nice lookin bird Tom Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Dave, yeah she is pretty much a rocket ship, that OS 91/Pumped is STRONG ! Old fellas like me are more suited to pedal powered baloon ships, she really is fun to fly though.
Tom

rprager

rprager

It is a nice looking plane if that's the one I saw a couple weeks ago. Cool

dcs155

dcs155

Hi Tom, how would a 70 4 stroke fly it?? What servos u have in it and how much would ya want with the servos or bnf??

6Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** Empty Clean Airframe 4/16/2012, 5:45 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

dcs155 wrote:Hi Tom, how would a 70 4 stroke fly it?? What servos u have in it and how much would ya want with the servos or bnf??

Hi Dave, well she is a clean airframe at this point.

1. A 70 4-stroke would be a great flyer.
2. I had all HiTec servos, HS5645-MG's.

Jeff had asked about aiframe/engine combination and I told him $425.00 but because of the activity on RCU and RCG I went ahead and removed everything. The whole package was just too expensive and scared everyone off.

My investment is:

Airframe ........................ $229.00
Engine............................ 439.00
Servos... 5 X 55.00 .......... 275.00
Receiver AR7000 ............... 99.00
Battery ..JR 6.0V/1650mah .. 27.00
TruTurn.. 2.5" ................... 25.00

Total .......................... $1094.00

As a package I would have had to discount it too much so I removed all equipment.

Tom

rwcd

rwcd

I found it. It was in the spam folder. My luck.

8Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** Empty Thanks Roger 4/17/2012, 4:59 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

rwcd wrote:I found it. It was in the spam folder. My luck.

Hi Roger- thanks for letting me know, I felt really bad about our missed connection. I looked thru my "Sent" folder and saw my reply there and couldn't understand what happened.

Anyway she is still in the family and Dave will give us all a show.

Best,

Tom

rwcd

rwcd

Thanks Tom, that we can count on.

dcs155

dcs155

Hey Tom, 12:22 am and all done except prop, spinner and cg. Gonna need about 6 oz nose weight as the 70 must be a little lighter than that 91.after i get the prop and spinner on more like 3-4 oz at most. keeping my fingers crossed we get a nice weekend so I can get it out to fly!!

11Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** Empty Looking Forward To It ! 4/18/2012, 6:08 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave, sounds great really looking forward to seeing her go. Weekend forecast is good both days.

I looked up the weight on the ASP FS70-AR and it is listed as 606 grams or apporximately 21.6 ounces. The weight of the OS 91/P is listed as 23.35 ounces. The acutal weight with a Master Airscrew 14 X 6 fiberglass prop is 25.6 ounces, 4.0 ounces heavier than the ASP listed weight. Of course the ASP listed weight did not have a prop included. So I guess this would account for the fact that I didn't need extra weight.

I would use a fiberglass 13 X 8 Master Airscrew on the ASP. Probably bring your CG very close. If not, a brass Higley heavy propnut will add 2.0 ounces, aluminum 1.0 ounce. They will fit right inside the TruTurn 2.5". I drill the front of the Higley propnuts and tap for a 10/32. Use that in place of a prop adapter and the TruTurn screw will thread right into it. Makes a really clean way to add weight with the side benefit of increased rotating mass which helps with engine "flywheeel effect" and thus better idle. I just really hate to add lead unless no other way.

I have a bunch of Higley propnuts in aluminum and brass, some already drilled and tapped, probably have one that will fit if you need it. I will look up the ASP FS70-AR shaft thread and see.

Sounds like your going to have a great combination with the ASP.

Tom

dcs155

dcs155

Tom, ran two tanks thru that asp tonight, kinda finnicky at first but seams good now. A little cowl fittin and its go time!!! Will fly this weekend Very Happy Very Happy

13Super Skybolt For Sale **** SOLD **** Empty Ring Seat 4/19/2012, 4:49 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Dave- that sounds great.

I believe that engine has a soft iron piston ring, if so the exhaust oil residue will be really gray in color and it may be accumulating in the fuel tank which could result in the carb being a little sensative if the "finnicky" operation seems carburetion related. Of course as soon as the ring is seated that will clear up.

Really looking forward to seeing her fly in the hands of a expert.

Tom

rwcd

rwcd

Dave, if you ever need a cowl for it, I have a new one.

dcs155

dcs155

Il buy it from ya Rog, thanks!

rwcd

rwcd

Remember to tighten the muffler good. This is a new year. bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum