WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Porta potty

+2
dcs155
bigdaddy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Porta potty Empty Porta potty 4/11/2012, 7:36 pm

bigdaddy

This needs to get handled we need a new porta potty so all members and guests can to use it. We have the funds to get a new one Steve can you handle this or would you like me to. Let me know.

2Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/11/2012, 9:17 pm

dcs155

dcs155

yep, good idea Jeff!

3Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/13/2012, 4:33 pm

sblock

sblock

Jeff,
HAVE AT IT.
I think you might be surprised at the cost if you can find one.
When I checked last year it was about $75.00 a month to rent. They would not sell one.

It did get pumped out last fall but it did not get any solution back in the tank. That is where the oder is coming from. I haven't had a chance to call them to see if they can add the deodorizer when they service it from now on. Rob found some and added it into the tank but i think it needs to have some water added for it to work properly.

I am still having issues with my Mom and Dad so just let me know what every bodies decision is.

4Porta potty Empty Porta 4/13/2012, 6:28 pm

bigdaddy

The company from Burlington will sell ua a nice used unit approx 300.00 and 40.00 per service when needed.

5Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/13/2012, 8:29 pm

dcs155

dcs155

sounds great to me!

6Porta potty Empty Focusing our funds 4/15/2012, 7:09 am

sblock

sblock

Gentlemen
I personally think we need to keep our focus on getting a replacement mower.
Since I have been in this great club there has been many discussions on replacing our mower. Now that we have made great strides in raising funds for a new mower. We need to stay on track. We have to run out our possibilities on solving the issues with our porta pottie. I talked with Rob P. and Scott A. Rob said that since he put in the chemical the odor is gone. Scott said he would help in doing some TLC to restore our unit. I would think for less than $50.00 we could get it up to snuff or sniff as it were.

We have to think about keeping our current mower running as long as possible.
The longer she stay's running the better replacement mower we can afford.
The last thing I would want to do is ask all our members to give more funds because our mower is not repairable.

After all the donations (gym and member)and the raising of dues was so we could afford to buy a replacement mower. Who knows if we stay focused and our current mower stays economical to repair we could buy a replacement that would last longer than the one we have.

Thanks Steve Exclamation

7Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/15/2012, 10:56 am

rwcd

rwcd

The old one is fine. It just needs servicing or water added. Why throw away 300 on a used crapper. We already have a used one.

8Porta potty Empty Steve I Agree 4/15/2012, 11:15 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Guys I am with Steve, since the door repairs last year (thanks Scott) the unit has been fine just needs service every month or so. At $40.00 a service that sounds very reasonable.

To me the mower is the prime project. We could have a catostrophic failure at any time and then it is no flying until we get a new mower. I put $100.00 in the mower fund a few months back and I can do it again if necessary.

While on the mower, do we really need a 72" cut ? The big price jump seems to be at that point. I know the 72" or larger is great but if we make 30 passes with a 72" it would only take 6 more passes to cut the same area with a 60". With a new 60" cut Zero Turn it might seem the same.

Just my 2-cents.

Tom

9Porta potty Empty Potty Update 4/15/2012, 3:54 pm

rprager

rprager

Gentlemen

I went out to the field today and gave the porta potty a little TLC today. It was too windy to fly, so I thought I would try to take care of some other buisness.

I added some deodorizer to the tank in the potty earlier in the week, and added water to it on Friday. I didn't know that the liquid in it wasn't water when I put in the deodorizer. Any how, the bad odor in gone,and it made it smell like porta potty.

Today the inside of the unit received a bath. I wash it, deodorized it, sprayed it with cleaner, 99.9% disinfected it, scrubbed it, replaced the seat, and rinsed it out. When I left it smelled like a bath room that had just been cleaned. I put another bottle of the deodorizer that added earlier in the week in the shed if we need it.

I just thought I would try to make the unit that we allready have a little more acceptable (and kind of see exactly what shape it is in) if you guys decide to keep another year seeing how we did already put the money into it to have it pumped out. Please check it out before you all make your decision to purchase a newer unit of what we already have.

Hope you guys don't mind that I did this. I didn't mind donating my time to the club.

What ever you guys decide to do doesn't matter to me. But if we do keep it, I do ask that we all respect that it has been cleaned. It wasn't something that I necessarily enjoyed.

Oh, and by the way. Please don't tell my wife that I cleaned it. She would expect it done at home. Laughing

10Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/15/2012, 7:58 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Thanks Rob!!! I'm sure a very nasty job indeed. I was under the assumption the old one was junk and not repairable but if its still fine then by all means we should keep our funds towards the mower.

11Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/15/2012, 10:13 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Good job Rob.Thanks.

12Porta potty Empty Well Done ! 4/16/2012, 5:22 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Well done Rob ! As Steve frequently says "this is a great club with great guys", Couldn't add anything to that except thanks to all for letting the old guy be a part of it.

Tom

Last edited by teeceeveecee on 4/16/2012, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

13Porta potty Empty Shiter 4/16/2012, 8:12 am

bigdaddy

Thanks Rob,
I appriciate you taking the time to make the shiter better. Sorry I pushed the window on getting a better shiter unfortunatly some of us have to use it more than others do to old age creeping up sooner than others. I guess if we have a company that we can count on like before maybe it won't be as much of a issue.

14Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/16/2012, 4:07 pm

dcs155

dcs155

Jeff, i thought as you did that it was junk, leaking, broken and whatever else possible wrong with a porta potty was wrong with it and we needed a new one. Glad it could be repaired and cleaned up. Thanks again Rob!

15Porta potty Empty Yippy Skippy 4/16/2012, 4:48 pm

sblock

sblock

Thanks Rob,

I can't wait to tell your wife how good you are at these kind of jobs.
This was a real shit job thanks so much. I can relate to old age and needing a place to use.

This is a real example of or members caring about this club.

Thanks Steve sunny

16Porta potty Empty Re: Porta potty 4/18/2012, 4:21 pm

rprager

rprager

I'm just glad to be part of a club full of great guys. I'll do what I can to help out, and maybe try to give you all some entertainment along the way.

An updated out house sould be something considered for in the future, but we should be able to make this one last for now. As long as it doesn't start leaking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]