WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

First flights of the year

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First flights of the year  Empty First flights of the year 4/24/2018, 7:34 am

rprager

rprager

Howdy everyone! Went out to the field last Saturday afternoon. Weather was nice and calm and the field was good and wet. Ended up getting my feet a little wet, but the flying was AWESOME. I had a little too much fun taking videos with my camera in my Cub. All I can say is the that the Cub is so much fun to fly, I can't trust myself to take a quick short flight (I should have put a little more gas in it). You'll see what I mean at the end of the video. I got lucky. affraid  affraid  affraid  

https://youtu.be/3dA3T5bmwKs

2First flights of the year  Empty Re: First flights of the year 4/24/2018, 1:37 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Kind of a rough landing. Is it ok?

3First flights of the year  Empty Re: First flights of the year 4/24/2018, 1:45 pm

rprager

rprager

Ya a little. I ran out of airspeed. I was glad that I didn't hit the trees. Luckily the only thing I broke was the prop

4First flights of the year  Empty very cool 4/24/2018, 3:46 pm

bigdaddy

That was very cool almost real sorry about the swamp landing.

5First flights of the year  Empty Re: First flights of the year 4/24/2018, 3:53 pm

rprager

rprager

It migh not have gone over if the prop wouldn't have hit the ground. I was going for the real bush plane experience Smile Smile Smile

6First flights of the year  Empty Re: First flights of the year 4/25/2018, 7:41 am

sblock

sblock

That,s one way of SHAKING OFF THE WINTER DUST!!!   affraid Very Happy lol!

7First flights of the year  Empty EXCELLENT !!! 4/26/2018, 10:04 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Excellent Rob- just what we needed to shake off winter doldrums cheers cheers cheers

Man there is nothing like a Cub bounce bounce bounce at about 2:00  when you came back on the throttle and went "Cub-ing" it was great.

Little later on at about 3:18 with the GoPro looking starboard I was watching the strut hairpins spinning affraid affraid affraid it is amazing how vibration will manifest itself , you would expect lateral vibration but spinning... just never know confused confused confused

Loved the "surprise landing" , looked like most of mine Sad Sad Sad

Great job, thanks for posting.

Tom pirat pirat pirat

8First flights of the year  Empty Re: First flights of the year 4/26/2018, 12:59 pm

rprager

rprager

Thanks guys. I wondered if anyone would notice the hair pins Tom. That's awesome. Smile Smile Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum