WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any one have information

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any one have information  Empty Any one have information 12/15/2015, 10:41 am

bigdaddy

Any one have information regarding the ? new registration regarding the faa and our airplanes

2Any one have information  Empty Re: Any one have information 12/15/2015, 11:21 am

rwcd

rwcd

3Any one have information  Empty Re: Any one have information 12/15/2015, 11:23 am

rwcd

rwcd

You only register your self. Not all of your planes. They give you a number and that has to be on all your planes.

4Any one have information  Empty Flying into the sky 12/15/2015, 6:20 pm

bigdaddy

Thanks guys I was not aware Roger stopped by this morning and was pretty cranked up about this.

5Any one have information  Empty sending a mass e mail 12/15/2015, 6:39 pm

bigdaddy

Steve, Can you do a mass e mail to all our members and are we going to have winter meetings

6Any one have information  Empty conference call rc groups 12/16/2015, 8:55 am

sblock

sblock

7Any one have information  Empty Hmm club communications. 12/16/2015, 9:18 am

sblock

sblock

Unfortunately I have had issues with Emailing people about club business. They do not receive or use there Email regularly. I can send one out and see what happens.
We also have members who do not use or website either. Not sure why.
As far as Meetings go. Dave is in charge of that. We did talk about it Saturday night and He is going to schedule a meeting at the library on January 12th 2016.

I think we should do a little research why they do not use our site. To me this is the best way to communicate all that is relevant to our club and it's members.

Subject to talk about the next meeting.

Steve

8Any one have information  Empty Re: Any one have information 12/17/2015, 10:45 pm

rwcd

rwcd

Any one have information  Spacer
Dear AMA Members,
Yesterday, the AMA Executive Council unanimously approved an action plan to relieve and further protect our members from unnecessary and burdensome regulations. This plan addresses the recently announced interim rule requiring federal registration of all model aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) weighing between 0.55 and 55 pounds.
AMA has long used a similar registration system with our members, which we pointed out during the task force deliberations and in private conversations with the FAA. As you are aware, AMA's safety program instructs all members to place his or her AMA number or name and address on or within their model aircraft, effectively accomplishing the safety and accountability objectives of the interim rule. AMA has also argued that the new registration rule runs counter to Congress' intent in Section 336 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012, otherwise known as the "Special Rule for Model Aircraft."
The Council is considering all legal and political remedies to address this issue. We believe that resolution to the unnecessary federal registration rule for our members rests with AMA's petition before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. This petition, filed in August 2014, asks the court to review the FAA's interpretation of the "Special Rule for Model Aircraft." The central issue is whether the FAA has the authority to expand the definition of aircraft to include model aircraft; thus, allowing the agency to establish new standards and operating criteria to which model aircraft operators have never been subject to in the past.
In promulgating its interim rule for registration earlier this week, the FAA repeatedly stated that model aircraft are aircraft, despite the fact that litigation is pending on this very question. The Council believes the FAA's reliance on its interpretation of Section 336 for legal authority to compel our members to register warrants the Court's immediate attention to AMA's petition.  
While we continue to believe that registration makes sense at some threshold and for flyers operating outside of a community-based organization or flying for commercial purposes, we also strongly believe our members are not the problem and should not have to bear the burden of additional regulations.  Safety has been the cornerstone of our organization for 80 years and AMA's members strive to be a part of the solution. 
As we proceed with this process, we suggest AMA members hold off on registering their model aircraft with the FAA until advised by the AMA or until February 19, the FAA's legal deadline for registering existing model aircraft. 
Holding off on registration will allow AMA time to fully consider all possible options. On a parallel track, it also allows AMA to complete ongoing conversations with the FAA about how best to streamline the registration process for our members. 
In the near future, we will also be asking our members to make their voices heard by submitting comments to the FAA's interim rule on registration. We will follow-up soon with more detailed information on how to do this.
Thank you for your continued support of AMA. We will provide you with more updates as they become available. 
Kind regards,

9Any one have information  Empty Ignored ! 12/19/2015, 9:03 am

sblock

sblock

Did a little reading abut registration. I'm not sure I would wait to register due to the consequences if you don't.

The AMA's timeline puts us awful close to the deadline for free registration for the first 3 years.

I put a separate post by mistake. I think this is what happened when it came to outside input (AMA). IT WAS IGNORED BY THE FAA.

There has been a lot of bashing out there on how the AMA let this happen. And this is the beginning of the end for the AMA.

Not sure about that due to the insurance for the clubs field and secondary insurance to it's members. But it did not help the future of the AMA
due to you are registered as pilot with a number just like the AMA.  

I think line of site should have been exempt from the registration mandate. your AMA number or name and address in the aircraft would suffice.

So much for my rant. Steve

10Any one have information  Empty I registered 12/22/2015, 11:19 am

sblock

sblock

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

If anyone is interested here is the website

After I read some more on registration. A lot of the people that were raising hell about it. Are now registering.

I am not in favor of this. but now that it is a requirement in order to fly at our field we will have to have our numbers on our aircraft.

Any aircraft more than 8.8 oz is required to have your Registration number on your aircraft It looks like it also includes tethered aircraft also. (control line)  

It was Quite painless to register.

They have a 30 day free enlistment time line you can currently take advantage of. You will be required to use a credit card for the $5.00 that will be refunded.
The need for the charge card is another proof of who you are. At least that is what I have been seeing on the why you need to use your charge card.

In our next meeting we need to talk about this as a requirement to fly at our field.

Please don't shoot the messenger!

11Any one have information  Empty Re: Any one have information 12/24/2015, 8:57 am

sblock

sblock

https://youtu.be/iZwmGVtmgjM

Found this this  Control line according to AMA is exempt Along with other info.

12Any one have information  Empty As Usual 12/24/2015, 10:44 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Registered and as usual with a government site it doesn't work properly. Mad Mad Mad

Try entering your phone number. lol! lol! lol!

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum