WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lock at the field

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lock at the field  Empty Lock at the field 9/3/2018, 1:55 pm

sblock

sblock

Someone put the lock on wrong and the city had to cut it off.  Sad

So for now please use your old key we put on the old lock.

2Lock at the field  Empty Lock Situation 9/5/2018, 10:13 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve:

I don't have the "old key" if you mean the one before our current key. I have been going out very early and there is never anyone out there to unlock. Will we be getting a new lock keyed to our current key system ? Question Question Question

Maybe we need hold a educational meeting to teach everyone how "chain link lock systems work" , or they could just go to UW Mad and take the 4 week course What a Face What a Face What a Face

Tom pirat pirat pirat

3Lock at the field  Empty key for lock 9/5/2018, 1:02 pm

bigdaddy

Hi Tom,
If you want you can use my old key I believe that I still have one.

4Lock at the field  Empty Thanks Jeff 9/5/2018, 1:36 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Jeff:

Thanks much, I can come to the field next time you are going to be there. Just give me a heads up.

Maybe we will have a replacement lock keyed to the new series shortly. Steve has probably got the new lock project started.

Thanks again.

Tom pirat pirat pirat

5Lock at the field  Empty Re: Lock at the field 9/7/2018, 8:14 am

sblock

sblock

Guys

I am working on getting a new lock with the same key#.
The old key was for the brass lock. The key had a number stamped on it also had Dons lock service stamped on the other side.

We used the old key for the shed and the pin box.

6Lock at the field  Empty Thanks Steve 9/7/2018, 9:34 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve, thanks for the info Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I will try to come out a little later and maybe the gate will be open sunny sunny sunny

Tom pirat pirat pirat

7Lock at the field  Empty Re: Lock at the field 9/8/2018, 8:10 am

sblock

sblock

Found a lock
Talked to a lock smith. He said there is no way to change a master lock tumblers. He did say Master lock makes a lock that can be set if you have a key.
True Value in Walworth had a lock if you have a key they can match the lock.

I had a original key that came with our cut off lock. I tried it with the 2 copied keys I had left and it worked. So we should be good to go.
I will go to the field Saturday in put it on.

Frank K changed to a longer chain so that the chain can be cut not the lock.
Frank gave the city supervisor a key for the old lock. I will get them a key to our new lock.

I am going to get a hold of master lock and try to order a back up lock with our key number  

Steve

8Lock at the field  Empty Re: Lock at the field 9/8/2018, 9:16 am

rwcd

rwcd

so the new key will work

9Lock at the field  Empty Thanks Steve and Frank 9/8/2018, 9:47 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve, great work getting us back on track with the current key series, and Frank for the chain fix cheers cheers cheers

Tom pirat pirat pirat

10Lock at the field  Empty LOCK REPAIRED 9/10/2018, 12:16 pm

bigdaddy

Thanks Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On another note Steve I'm finishing up the glider with the electric conversion will I need a separate battery for the receiver for the potential possible longer flight. The battery is a 2100 mah 3 cell 40 c

11Lock at the field  Empty Re: Lock at the field 9/10/2018, 12:31 pm

sblock

sblock

Jeff
probably not do to the fact you will not be using the motor most of the flight. My glider might be under power for 1 or 2 minutes. if you are able to catch some good air you could probably stay up for 30 min. and still have plenty of battery left I assume you only have rudder and elevator. So there will not be a lot of draw on the battery. I also assume your speed controller has a BEC. What I would recommend is to do a 15 min flight and recharge your battery and see how many milliamps you put back into the battery. This will tell you for sure how long you could stay in the air.

12Lock at the field  Empty OK 9/10/2018, 4:15 pm

bigdaddy

Thanks Steve, I tried to fly it with the nitro engine which does run good now but I could not get enough running motion to help it in the air. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum