WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horizon Buys Hobbico / Tower

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Horizon Buys Hobbico / Tower Empty Horizon Buys Hobbico / Tower 4/4/2018, 11:02 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Guys;

Looks like the deal has been finalized and Horizo will buy Hobbico / Tower. Sad Sad Sad:

Horizon's financial position looks very strong and has China operations so they should be able to co-exist with Hobbyking. That is unless HK gets more Government subside to take out Horizon. Mad Mad Mad

Tom pirat pirat pirat

sblock

sblock

Nice.
Its good to see that that product line will continue on.  Surprised

I have some stuff ordered from hobby king . I am still waiting 3 week now all showed available in US warehouse. When I contacted them they they said they were 3 weeks behind and should ship in the next 10 days still no shipment details been 8 days now.  Mad Mad Mad

I ordered a cowling from Tower it was at my door step next day.   Very Happy

3Horizon Buys Hobbico / Tower Empty Exactly So 4/5/2018, 10:26 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve:

Exactly so, no doubt that HK has some great prices but then almost every industry in China exists in the international environment because of government subsidies Mad Mad Mad

The shipping and customer service has been the issue from the start with HK affraid affraid affraid

Tower has been excellent in this regard ever since I started with them over 35 years ago cheers cheers cheers

I love Horizon and use them extensively but....

A) Their website can't touch Tower's bounce bounce bounce
B) Now Horizon is using a linked delivery system of FedEx / USPS for smaller items adds minimum of 2-3 days Mad Mad Mad
C0 FedEx can't touch UPS Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Final analysis, thank goodness Horizon is privately held and on sound business footing so the Hobbico product line should really enhance Horizon.I have always loved their product line but has always been somewhat limited Sad Sad Sad

My biggest question is will Horizon continue with the full Tower/Hobbico distribution agreements like OS Max, Phoenix, SIG, etc.
I hope so, I am sure they will not pick up Futaba because they already have the best with Spektrum bounce bounce bounce

Anyway , it is going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Tom pirat pirat pirat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum