WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Went to the swap meet yesterday at the new venue , Washington County Fair Grounds.

Got there at 0645, hardly anyone there vs the same hour at previous site.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Overall did not  seem near as well attended as previous years  Sad  Sad  Sad  I did manage sell most everything I took  cheers  cheers  cheers

I have a couple of items which I will list here in the next day or two, field box, starter, 12VDC power supply, Triton II charger,  3-gallons of fuel, etc.

Was surprised to see no White Water RC members at all  : confused  confused  confused

I will still be in the club, will be flying little electrics, the MD in my left eye made me give up the fuel airplanes, oh well at 83 I guess I can't  complain too much ( Bullshit).

Tom

2Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet Empty Flying 1/29/2018, 2:56 pm

bigdaddy

Hi Tom was going to go but the new job or should I say owners has me quite run down. I never thought getting closer to retirement could happen soon enough. Sorry to here about the eye's. It sure seems that the sport is getting smaller instead of growing! hope to see you soon

3Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet Empty Thanks Jeff 1/30/2018, 7:26 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hello Jeff, great to hear from you and appreciate your comments .Smile Smile Smile

I think your observations on the hobby are correct. I know you are a "builder" as am I.
My feeling is that with advent of ARF and RTF (and what was that other "F-S") have taken too much from the hobby, the guys are not as committed since their only investment is cash.  pale pale pale

My friend I know some of the hell that your job has presented but do not  let the bastards win !  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Just keep the objective in view and leave the other crap at work

My very best wishes. bounce bounce bounce

Tom pirat

rprager

rprager

Hi Tom. Sorry to hear about your eyes, but glad to hear your not hanging up flying completely. I didn't make it to the swap meet. Celebrated my wife's 40th birthday this last weekend. Wish you well Smile Smile

5Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet Empty Thanks Rob 1/30/2018, 10:47 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Rob- Thanks so much for your comments.

I didn't expect to see you since you had already mentioned your wife's birthday, you have your priorities right my friend.
cheers cheers cheers

Yes I am going to stay with the smaller airplanes that I can keep in close enough to deal with my depth perception, just can't come to grips with giving up completely. I have know the last three years or so my situation was getting worse because my flying was getting worse (and more expensive).affraid affraid affraid

Thankfully my Doctor says vision still ok for driving and I still feel comfortable driving. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope to see you guys at the field.

Tom pirat

sblock

sblock

Sorry for the late reply

Glad to hear you had a successful sale.  Hope to see at the field this spring. Those electrics are really fun and no cleanup makes it even better Laughing Laughing

7Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet Empty Thanks Steve 2/4/2018, 12:00 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve- Thanks for the reply.

Yes the swap meet was pretty good but just did not feel quite up to par. Of course the last few years have been way of so maybe the venue change will work out better since I assume it is cheaper.

Yes the electrics have come a long way but damn, love the smell 15% nitro fuel. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope to see you soon.

Tom

sblock

sblock

Ya I lit up a few glow motors last year. A couple of my dads planes a ace bingo and a ultimate Kaos Brings back the old day's that is for sure.

See ya at the field Frank and I go out to the field 2 to 3 time a week during the season I will call you if you want when I go if your interested. Not a lot of flying but
GREAT BULL S*&T  Razz Razz

Steve

9Milwaukee RC Associatiob Swap Meet Empty Thanks So Much Steve 2/5/2018, 10:22 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Steve, thank you so much for the offer to call on flying days. I will surely be there, I love the hangar flying. cheers cheers cheers

You know I had convinced myself to give up the glow flying but I have several old planes that are perfect 30 or 40 size four stroke so I will be out there with electrics and NITRO bounce bounce bounce

Best,
Tom

sblock

sblock

AHHHH the AROMA cant wait

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum