WHITEWATER R.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHITEWATER R.C.

Whitewater WI radio control club

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can't wait to see that twin fly

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigdaddy

Tom,
I may need to call on your services I need to cut the wing open on this Spitfire and don't know
how to handle the paint situation. I has the old bell crank system for the ailerons and they sort of scare me

2Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty You Betcha 5/5/2016, 9:34 am

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Jeff:

Be happy to help in anyway I can. Use to fly the bell crank systems in the earlier days and really felt they were very reliable and precise. It all relied on the installation, close tolerances, of course the aileron differential was easier to set up. Didn't matter if the aileron was hinged on the centerline or top, just set it by position of the bell crank .

Let me know if I can assist in any way.  

Tom

3Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty Aileron bell cranks 5/5/2016, 9:43 am

bigdaddy

I have used them before these seem unusual as they have the internal nylon form ny rod. Ill
bring the wing the next time to the field to take a peek.

4Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty Oh ! 5/5/2016, 1:26 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Jeff-

If it has the nylon pushrods I would be inclined to replace them altogether with 4/40 hardware and wire. 50cc is pretty big for anything but the real deal which of course you already know.

I would probably install wing mounted servos. Flutter on something that big would likely be fatal.

Tom

5Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty Flying around 5/5/2016, 1:36 pm

bigdaddy

Tom, that's what I thought. Probably going to make a mess out of the wing

6Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty Standard Balsa Costruction ? 5/5/2016, 6:34 pm

teeceeveecee

teeceeveecee

Hi Jeff-

Is the wing standard balsa construction or ??

If it is more or less standard you should be able to open between two ribs with front of the opening butted against a spar and drop in a servo box with all the necessary strength built in. Really should be relatively easy. Is it a one piece wing , I assume it is because of single servo or is it a two piece wing ?

I am planning on going to the field Sunday morning, if you could manage to come out for a little while I would really like to se what you are up against.

Tom

7Can't wait to see that twin fly Empty Servo's in the wing 5/6/2016, 7:37 am

bigdaddy

Tom,
This is a scratch built plane solid wing I was planning on coming out Sunday I'll see
if we can meet up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum